Good afternoon friends!
The TfC Daily Buffet serves up some of the best articles, videos, and podcasts of the day so you don’t have to spend hours scouring through the garbage to get to the good stuff. Have something you’d like to see on a future menu? Send us a link and we’ll consider it!
1. ‘Are Reader’s Bibles (Finally) Here to Stay?‘ – I just discovered the Bible Design Blog and boy am I glad I did. Mark Bertrand specializes in blogging about – you guessed it – Bibles. He has a number of great articles to check out but first, I’d recommend his recent post on Reader’s Bibles. I reviewed the original ESV Reader’s Bible last year. Since then, Reader’s Bibles have really become a thing. I’m encouraged by the move away from cluttered scripture and I’m hopeful we’ll see more, better designed, reader’s Bibles in the future.
2. Trump, Evangelicals, Religion, and the 2016 Exit Polls – ‘First Things’ has an article that breaks down all of the numbers on evangelical support for Donald Trump. The polls and stats for this election will be sliced and diced every way possible between now and 2020.
3. Francis Asbury’s Letters to Preachers – This is valuable for more than just preachers. Asbury’s advice is great for every believer.
4. ‘Ernie Johnson on the 2016 Campaign‘ – If you haven’t seen this video from Ernie Johnson, you need to. Right now.
5. ‘What is the Role of Prayer in the Life of the Christian?‘ – This SeedBed article from Timothy Tennent is a great overview of prayer and its importance in the Christian life.
6. ‘The Day the Revolution Began‘ – The Jesus Creed blog has some brief thoughts on N.T. Wright’s newest book – a work that’s sure to be just as controversial as his other writings. I can’t wait to read it.
Hopefully this will keep you filled up until tomorrow. And remember, if you’ve seen an article, video, or podcast – or if you’ve been reading a really good book – that you think we ought to add to the menu, comment below and we’ll see about putting it on.
And remember, if you subscribe, you can get a free copy of ‘A Disciple’s Manifesto’, my vision for Christian discipleship.