Good afternoon friends!
The TfC Daily Buffet serves up some of the best articles, videos, and podcasts of the day so you don’t have to spend hours scouring through the garbage to get to the good stuff. Have something you’d like to see on a future menu? Send us a link and we’ll consider it!
1. ‘Attendance Increasing at Theologically Conservative Churches‘ – Who would have thought that conservative theology and active outreach would lead to growing churches? Mainline denominations take note!
2. ‘Transgender Conformity‘ – Using the events at a Minnesota charter school as a jumping-off point, Katherine Kersten looks at the transgender phenomenon and predicts that, in the long-term, it will reveal itself to be a gross delusion.
3. ‘Trying to Think Through the Logic of Abortion Rights‘ – The Gospel Coalition has a great summary of Peter Kreeft’s article on abortion rights. This is worth a read no matter where you fall on the issue of abortion and its morality.
4. ‘Navigating Family Tensions at the Holidays‘ – Spending the holidays with family can be dangerous enough. Doing so in an election year is just asking for trouble. But you can make it. Read, then practice Russell Moore’s advice.
5. ‘An Introduction to Advent‘ – I’m planning on posting a brief introduction to advent very soon. If you’d like to dig a little deeper into how you can celebrate it, this article is a great place to start.
Hopefully this will keep you filled up until tomorrow. And remember, if you’ve seen an article, video, or podcast – or if you’ve been reading a really good book – that you think we ought to add to the menu, comment below and we’ll see about putting it on.
And remember, if you subscribe, you can get a free copy of ‘A Disciple’s Manifesto’, my vision for Christian discipleship.